Thursday, November 18, 2010

Ode to PW

I've been so busy lately that I haven't been doing much blogging. Even though it seems like I make an effort each night to sit down and post something, I never end up clicking the "Publish" button.

I've been browsing my favorite blogs for a suitable cranberry sauce recipe to make for Thanksgiving, and I stumbled across The Pioneer Woman. Now, I've enjoyed her website in the past, but I had never really spent a lot of time there beyond reading a recipe or two. Today I decided to poke around a little more, and I realize that I definitely have a blog crush on PW. There, I said it.

One part of her website really spoke to me today. On the Ten Important Things I’ve Learned About Blogging page, #2 really resonated with me. PW says:
Blog often.
Whether you write a sixteen-paragraph essay about the cosmic implications of a free market system, a one-paragraph description of what happens to your soul when you walk into your godforsaken laundry room, or a simple photo and caption, consider your blog a precious bloom that requires daily nurturing.
And watering.
If you water a plant once every two weeks, it will shrivel.
Unless that plant is a cactus, and then it would thrive.
And to tell you the truth, I really can’t figure out how a cactus fits into this analogy, so forget I brought it up.

I loved it. And felt a little guilty for neglecting my beloved blog! So, PW, thank you for the tip and for inspiring me to post anything — even this:


It's a blurry photograph (wrong lens setting on the old camera) of me and my questionable Sunday morning hair holding a giant red pepper in RTM last weekend. The produce place there had a whole bin of them — they were practically the size of my head!

6 comments:

  1. Y'know, i think this is a really busy time of year with the clocks a changin' and all, im feeling the pinch too. Ive just come back from the states and feel an absolute urge to celebrate Thanksgiving...me thinks a massive culinary feast :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say do it! I have a friend who married an Aussie and makes a giant feast for her in-laws every year in Australia...it's a rare combination of foods that you don't get any other time of the year!

    I truly loved hearing about your NY adventures. You were there at my absolute favorite time of year (I'm just a bit south in Philadelphia, so it is similar). Hope you enjoyed yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to the Pioneer Woman site you mentioned above...wow! Very enjoyable. Thanks and keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it lovely? She's got a similar situation of city gal meets midwestern guy...except he's a cattle herder and she moved to him. :)

    ReplyDelete

One of my favorite things about blog-dom is the dialogue that comes from it. Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...