Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Chocolate Chocolate (Chocolate) Chip Cookies

I was looking for something sweet to bring to work tomorrow, taking into account that I was limited on ingredients and time tonight. I decided on these cookies, which would feed a lot of people and hopefully be a crowd-pleaser.



I'm pretty sure that they are one of the reasons that Brad and I are together today...I'm just sayin. I used to send him "care packages" with Ziploc bags full of them!

Side note: You know how sometimes you're making cookies and you eat some of the dough because it's so delicious? And you feel a little sick by the time you're done baking, and you don't want to eat a single baked cookie? Yeah, me neither. Just a heads up that, for this recipe, the baked cookies are a lot tastier than the dough for some reason. Maybe it's just too much chocolate for me to handle pre-bake.


These are perfect with a cold glass of milk!



Chocolate chocolate (chocolate) chip cookies recipe (makes about 4 dozen cookies)

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups chocolate chips (milk, semisweet, or white — or a combo of any of these)

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Then add eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla.
  • In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Gradually add dry ingredients to the butter mixture until just combined. Do not over-mix.
  • Stir in chocolate chips with a spoon or spatula.
  • Drop onto greased cookie sheets — I like to use an old-school ice cream scoop so they're evenly sized. 
  • Bake for 9-11 minutes. My preference is for these cookies to be just done. In my oven, I don't let them bake for longer than 9 minutes (but of course every oven is different).
  • Cool for 1 minute on cookie sheet, and then move to a cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

One of my favorite things about blog-dom is the dialogue that comes from it. Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...